Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fly Recipe: Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta


Call me a sucker for love. That’s just what I am. So when it comes to setting the mood for that special someone (Mariangela), I’m pretty confident in my ability to find creative ways to express my feelings. So for the sake of discussion, let’s just say that I wanted to prepare a special “I Love You” dinner. Back in the day, the majority of my attention would be focused on finding sexy dessert and cocktail ideas aimed at capping the night off in a “meaningful” way. Wrong move. As my methods matured though, I learned that it wasn’t the cherry on top that deserved the greater part of my attention … it was the entrée. It’s with this understanding in mind that I’ve decided to share this recipe for a creamy Cajun chicken pasta. Do this right and I guarantee that by the end of the night … well, I won’t spoil it for you.

Ingredients:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips4 ounces linguine, cooked al dente2 teaspoons cajun seasoning2 tablespoons butter1 thinly sliced green onion1-2 cup heavy whipping cream2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes1/4 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon dried basil1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper1/8 teaspoon garlic powder1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Reduce heat add green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through.
Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.